HelpdeskLet's Get You Moving!
Answers to our most commonly asked questions.
How can I save on my moving costs?
- You’ll save more if you can be flexible on date and time.
- Try and move during quieter times of the month (between the 5th and 25th)
- Avoid the first and last days of the month, and the last weekend of the month.
- Reduce your load volume by moving smaller boxes and loose items yourself, leaving just the bigger stuff to us.
Why do I need to complete an inventory list?
Our standard inventory list is used to determine the ideal vehicle and crew combination for your move so we can offer you the best possible price.
Alternatively, we can come and do a home/office survey at no cost or give you a quote over the phone (for smaller moves).
Can I send my own inventory list?
You can, but we wouldn’t recommend it. Completing our standard inventory list will ensure that we get all the information we need to give you an accurate quotation.
Does Eezi Move quote according to distance or according to the item list?
Every Eezi Move quote is based on:
- The completed inventory list, which tells us what size truck we’ll need to use.
- Whether it’s a local or long-distance move. Because we service all major routes daily, we don’t charge per kilometre.
- Time of the month – mid-month moves can be up to 30% cheaper.
- Ease of access to your home/office.
Do you offer shared loads for smaller moves?
Definitely! We also offer a cost-saving depot-to-depot (drop-off and pick-up) option.
What does depot-to-depot mean?
This is the most affordable way to make an intercity move with Eezi Move. Simply drop your small load or single item at your closest Eezi Move depot. We load and transport it to your desired depot from where you or a friend, family member or colleague can collect it. We have Eezi Move depots in Gauteng, Durban, George and Cape Town. This option is available between any of our depots.
Can I use my own boxes?
Yes, but they must be of good quality and preferably double-walled. We don’t recommend second-hand supermarket boxes and we can’t accept goods in plastic bags.
Eezi Move only supplies and uses high-quality double-walled boxes.
How will my load be protected in the truck?
All Eezi Move trucks are equipped with packer blankets. However, we recommend our specialised wrapping and packing services to minimise the risk of any damage.
What exactly is a shuttle vehicle?
- These are smaller trucks or bakkies which we use when one of our larger trucks cannot enter your premises, and the carrying distance exceeds 25m.
- Your items are transported from your door to the larger truck using the shuttle vehicle.
- Shuttle vehicles are charged additionally.